Here is a meatless meal that is full of flavor and very quick to make. Let your kids assemble the ingredients…the first time, they may only want egg in a tortilla. But as they see others eating salsa or beans, they will eventually feel comfortable doing the same.
Allow 1-2 eggs and 1 tortilla per person
- Corn tortilla (1 per egg)
- Eggs, poached or fried over-easy to over-medium
- Refried beans, canned (may be seasoned with cumin, black pepper and oregano)
- Tomato or tomatillo salsa
- Shredded cheese
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil over high heat. Quickly fry corn tortillas to soften, drain on paper towels.
- Warm the beans in the microwave and then spread a thin layer on the tortillas. Top with eggs.
- Smother with salsa and top with shredded cheese.
Recipe from the UW Health Pediatric Fitness Clinic