There are a lot of emotions that collide when launching your young adult into the wild world. There are thousands of questions that go through your mind:
- Will they pay their bills?
- Will they do okay at college? Will they get home sick?
- What will they do with their free time?
- They’re moving to a new place, will they make friends?
- Will they be able to feed themselves?
- What if they get sick?
The “launching phase” is when parents or caregivers are helping transition their adult children into the world and adjusting to a new home environment.