Create a Culture of Kindness

Watch our culture of kindness blossom throughout UW Health, by passing on our Kindness Card.

Here’s how it works:

• Do something kind for a coworker and leave this card with a mark (your initials, the date etc.) in one of the flowers.
  • The goal is for that coworker to pass on the card with another kind act for someone else.
  • The card continues onto other coworkers until all 10 flowers (10 acts of kindness) are marked.
  • When all 10 flowers are marked, please send the card back to Wellness Options at Work.

The ripple effect starts with one. One person to hold open a door. One person to leave a note on someone’s car complimenting their awesome parking skills. One person to write a thank you letter to a teacher. One person to be a spark of kindness when another really needs it. Check out a plethora of kindness ideas.

Email wellness@uwhealth.org to order your Kindness Card today!

Learn more about the Kindness Card associated with 5-3-1: Workplace Well-Being.

Posted in Wellness

Comments

1. Michelle DeVries-Williams says:

Earlier this month I gave my co-worker a drawing I colored with motivational sayings on it. We work in Pre-Collections so it is much needed through out our day. Today I complimented her attitude when speaking with a very difficult patient. She handled it amazingly! 🙂

2. Andria says:

I told my co-worker how much I enjoy her and that she ALWAYS makes me smile. I gave her a big hug and we both have big smiles on our face! We spend more time with our co-workers than we do our family….they for sure become part of our family 🙂

3. Carolyn Crowley says:

I took a very special person out to lunch, then when leaving 2 elderly people were leaving at the same time. I took a few extra minutes to chat with them. It made them smile and made me feel good as well. Win, Win for all.

4. Tina Nelson says:

Our entire department passed the card among each other..it was wonderful to see how little effort it takes to notice someone’s kindness…even when we are very busy!

5. Cooper says:

All 5 Optical locations are paying it forward with kindness! We are making people smile every day. I love the kindness card!

6. Jennifer says:

My co-worker Nancy, provided me with a quick shoulder rub to help with relaxation. Sitting at a desk all day can cause neck pain and this was a very kind gesture.

7. Carrie Mainquist Float Scheduler for Research Park says:

I received a pat on the back – an “atta girl” – yesterday from nurse Shelley Johnson at Research Park Sports Medicine and the the kindness card. To pay it forward – today I brought in Racine Almond Kringle for the Research Park Sports Rehab Physical Therapy providers. Nothing says Thank You you more than Kringle. I placed the card with the treat – we will see who picks it up!

8. Linda Carter, R.N. says:

In Neurology, sometimes the provider goes over issues later in the afternoon and close to closing time. When a nurse is swamped and goes in to speak with the provider about these issues, I go into that provider’s inbasket and triage the calls as the nurse and provider decide a disposition for each patient. That way, when the nurse comes back to her desk, they will easily see what can not wait until the next day, do that work and we all go home on time.
    Linda, RN