“Your Passport to the World”
Recruit co-workers to join you in our Stairs for Wellness Challenge! Climb stairs to increase your level of physical activity during your work day. Raise your fitness level one step at a time.
All participants receive a “passport” (log form) to record the number of stairs you climb. Using this passport and your imagination, you will climb skyscrapers located around the world.
- Start this program at any time
- Climb stairs anywhere
- Record your start date on the log form
- You have eight weeks to climb 3-6 skyscrapers
- Only record steps going up
- Once you have reached your goal, submit your passport to Wellness Options at Work for a prize
Feel like climbing more places?
- U.S. Bank Center in Milwaukee, WI: 1,034
- The Spanish Steps in Rome: 138
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa: ~284
- Brunelleschi’s internal dome in the Duomo in Florence (Santa Maria del Fiore) : 414
Check out the main stairwell at the AOB (Administrative Office Building), E4 and E6 stairwells in the University Hospital, and West Clinic employee stairwell to view the creative renovation/redesign. If you are interested in adding Stairs to Wellness to your building stairwells, please contact email@example.com.
Promote the use of the stairs by displaying a poster around your office or in a break room.
If you would like a colorful hard copy please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duke University: Benefits of Taking the Stairs
- Center for Disease Control’s StairWELL to Better Health
- Harvard School of Public Health: Take the Stairs Campaign
To note: We are going to limit participants to one prize for Stairs for Wellness. We hope you continue the healthy behavior in taking the stairs and hope you have seen positive results for adding stair climbing to your daily activity.