How about TRI-ing a long distance triathlon?
UW Health Wellness Options at Work is pleased to offer TRI the Challenge to all faculty and staff. Triathlon training offers variety, helps avoid overuse injuries and improves aerobic fitness. Instead of a one day event, our triathlon, (2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike ride and 26.2-mile run) can be completed in 4, 6, or 8 weeks, you decide. We hope to encourage you to spice up your workouts.
Don’t forget to print or download your TRI the Challenge brochure and tracker form!
- To download to your computer:
- Save tracker to your computer FIRST
- Open the file from your computer and start tracking
How the Challenge Works:
- Start this program anytime! You will then have 4, 6, or 8 weeks to complete a long-distance triathlon, 140.6 miles.
- To complete the challenge, participants will:
- Swim – 2.4 miles (or row 19,130 meters).
- Bike -112 miles (indoors or outdoors).
- Run -26.2 miles (or walk 26.2 miles).
- May complete the challenge outdoors or a fitness center of your choice. Refer to fitness facilities discounts that provide the necessary amenities.
- Once you have completed all three endurance events, submit your log to Wellness Options at Work for a prize
To note: We are going to limit participants to one prize for TRI the Challenge. We hope you continue the active healthy behavior and have seen positive results for adding variety to you workout.